Thursday, June 6, 2013

Middle school and K-pop

Since we are in the last week of school I was struggling a little to figure out what to do. They didn't want to do anything and I didn't want to do anything either. Then I had the most wonderful idea, I am going to force K-pop upon my students! Evil? Maybe. Brilliant? Yes.

I kink of wish that I also had a microphone because some of things that were said aloud we absolute gold, but all I had were pencils and papers. Anyways, here are some of the things that my students said, any comments that I make will be in blue.

BAP Warrior 


This is just a tad cheesy. The singing is decent, I just don't understand a word they're saying! It's catchy....
~ Karin

This is why North Korea doesn't like South Korea. What the kimchi! P.S. Korean's aren't blonde
~ Daniel

This actually really scares me. It's too all over the place. Gives me a headache.
~ Emmalee

Even though I couldn't fully understand them, it kept my eyes glued to the screen because it is so intense.
~ Amaya

The beat was good, overall it was alright. The whistle got annoying.
~ Andrew


It's very interesting, kinda catchy but it lacks some kind of chorus. It's all kind of put together. Also it's not too original, but it was kind of entertaining. Also heavier bass for my enjoyment btw.
~ David

Opinion - Fab singers, fab outfits, fab video in gereral, EVERYTHING FAB (They're beautiful)
~ Elizabeth

I liked the sparkly anteater in the beginning (Matoki) and the guys muscle tone. I actually like his voice *Eargasm* the dancing is pretty cool, I mean I can't do that. All in all, dem men be attractive! Sexy *coughcough*
~ Tia

They were very weird and could change clothes instantly
~ John

I like their mascot. They were decent, not the best, the dancing was pretty good. I can't tell if some are male or female.
~ Dallen


I feel like they are trying to be "ghetto" with their dancing and the scenery but it's not really working for them. Some of the dancing is good though.
~ Madeline

I wonder what's their natural hair color?
~ Josh

I think this video is awkward. The whole thing is confusing. They are trying a little hard. Too hard. It is literaly shaking. I think it is difficult to understand what is going on. Their outits are really quite strange.
~ Taylor

All look the same/same hair, clothes, shoes, etc.
~ Morgan

I thought it was a bit demonic, but the clothes and dance moves were pretty sweet!
~ Erin

Ummmmm. The song is decent, but the video is kind of "lame". The way they look is also kind of "different". Honestly I would not mind listening to the song but the video is just straight up weird.
~ Jake

Terrible! Gives me a headache. I don't feel safe.
~ Peter

The Korean One Direction. It was kind of strange. I didn't like it. They went from rapping to singing like Justin Bieber music. They look like girls! (There are so many things wrong with this response)
~ Gabe

Half of them look like girls. They way they dress is out of style, so is their hair. To many flashing lights and loud noises. Thay aren't bad at dancing though.
~ Camryn

B1A4 What's Happening? 


This is a little too strange for me
~ Karin

This was quite a nice piece of kimchi. P.S. Get Korean Ron Weasely out of here! (talking about Sandeul)
~ Daniel


I'm so confused. I don't understand why this is happening. I'm pretty sure we're in a horror film.
~ Emmalee

Just like the song name, I had no clue what was happening.
~ Amaya

It reminded me of One Direction, but wasn't as bad.
~ Andrew
Opinion - No. Just no. But I like their outfits. (They're prettier than I am and I'm a girl)
~ Elizabeth

They are all pretty attractive; however, I feel as though my eye were just raped.
~ Tia

What I said when we were watching the video was actually "what's happening" so I think they achieved their goal.
~ Madeline

This video is really werid and the scene changes are quick and abrupt and really hard to comprehend. One moment they have Barbie masks on and the next a guy is struggling to eat a cracker. The outfits are unbearable.
~ Taylor


Absolutly no words......
~ Joslyn

There is too much artificial hair color.
~ Bud

This song has the sound of an American song, but I would like to know where in the world these bands get ideas for their songs. Overall it's a decent video, and a good song.
~ Jake

Better than last one, but still creepy and bad and still don't feel safe.
~ Peter

Better than the first one, still weird, scary as crap, still not good, I don't feel safe....... scary haircuts
~ Cameron

BIGBANG Fantastic Baby 


I kind of like this.....meh. HE IS VERY ATTRACTIVE. It's okay.
~ Karin

This is getting too Asian for me. Please stop.......
~ Daniel

Do Korean's just have a thing for horror films? That's the impression that I'm getting. I FEEL LIKE I NEED TO BE KOREAN JUST FROM WATCHING THIS.
~ Emmalee

Not my favorite kind of music, but some parts were alright.
~ Andrew

I though this was pretty good, besides the fact that one of them had the most annoying voice on earth. (Some of the kids were complaining about GD)
~ Bailey


Opinion - *FAVORITE* One word, hair. I like this one! It's just, that was so amazing, I died. It made me cry it was so great.
~ Elizabeth

Brother's got some hair! The kid with the blue hair and the blonde one 0__0 I am moving to Korea
~ Tia

It is quite scary but I almost like it. Very weird.
~ Dallen

This video made the most sense. I'm pretty sure the government is trying to have people stop making music. The video is a little bit hard to follow because it dosen't really tell a full and complete story.
~ Madeline

Asian Spock (SeungRi)
~ CJ


Enjoyed the mood and loved the wakey, gothic outits. Fantastic dancing!
~ Erin

Okay......so this song is just straight up weird. I mean lots of American songs are strange, but this video is really, really strange. With this song they could have just made a video that made sense.
~ Jake

Bad, but a little better than the second one. I still don't feel safe.
~ Peter

Best song yet, the focus too much on their costumes though.
~ Gabe

Scary as crap, no...just no, horrid, I hate their voices, uncomfortable, scariest one yet.
~ Cameron

I think that I am going to have nightmares about the long haired guy.
~ Katie

This was the weirdest, strangest, most awful music video ever, but the actual music was not bad.
~ Anjali

Is that his real hair?
~ Conner

Girls Generation Gee


It's catchy, but.......no
~ Karin

Short shorts......short shorts........everywhere.....I'm in love with Korean girls
~ Daniel

It reminds me of Dance Dance Revolution
~ Emmalee

I think the song was very catchy.
~ Amaya

I didn't like this one, it was really weird.
~ Andrew

Didn't understand it at all. They wink too much. It looks like they are trying to seduce us.
~ Spencer


NO. It's not the same, bring back the men.
~ Elizabeth

I would rather go back to the Korean Ron Weasly (B1A4 Sandeul)
~ Tia

PUDDI PUDDI (I assume this is the "baby baby" part)
~ CJ

I am moving to Korea because of this song.
~ Bud

Starts out the most normal. Seems very close to American pop. Definitely the best. There is one thing it could use, girls with longer shorts.
~ Jake

Best by far! Attractive women! I don't feel like I will be killed in this one!
~ Peter

Best by far, has women, don't feel like I'm going to die, not as dark, cheerful, still sort of werid
~ Cameron

This one was the best of all of them, but still a little weird.
~ Anjali

This song is upbeat. I would like this at a party or on my I-pod. The video is cool and it matches the song.
~ David

Good, understandable good looking girls, non threatening
~ Conner

~ Alora

1 comment:

  1. Where to begin? Ok.

    1. Madeline had the best overall comment saying B1A4 achieved their goal in "Whats up."
    2. Elizabeth may become one of my favorite people. I dig her style.
    3. Josh, the natural hair color of BAP is pink. You can see why they would all want to bleach it to hopefully look more masculine.
    4. From all of Peters comments I have gleaned that firstly he is a little stinker, and second that he doesn't feel safe. I think that both of these traits preexisted this k-pop activity and will continue on long afterward.

    Alora, your kids rock. Thanks for posting this!

    -Autumn

    ReplyDelete