Monday, July 15, 2013

Pig-Rabbit Hoodie & Blanket

July 4th was not only the US's Independence Day, but it was also our Korean friend, Henry's birthday.

Isn't he so handsome!

Since my little sister Becca is visiting Henry in South Korea right now, I wanted to make him a birthday gift. But before I show it to you, let me tell you a little bit about him.

We met Henry through our friend, Lindsi. They were taking an accounting class together in San  Mateo, California last year. When Lindsi found out he was from Korea, she freaked out. We all did. We had been obsessed with K-pop and K-dramas for months but hadn't made a legitimate Korean friend yet. This was a big deal because 1. All Koreans are cool, and 2. We needed someone to talk to about all the strange things we noticed about Korean culture. Luckily for us, Henry filled these functions perfectly.

This was Henry's first time in the US, so we were also excited to introduce him our American holiday traditions. For Halloween, we considered curling his hair so he could be Goo Jun Pyo, but decided that might be a little dangerous. So instead we made him this costume.

L to R: Murphy is a Murphy, I (Autumn) was going through chemo and lost my hair, so I couldn't pass up the chance to be an Airbender, Henry is a Pig-Rabbit, and Lindsi is a cat.
Yes, that is a Pig-Rabbit hoodie, like the stuffed animal from "You Are Beautiful." I even made a hair clip and everything. Henry had never seen the show, but was vaguely familiar with it. Regardless, he loved his costume. So for his birthday I decided to stick with the same theme, and made him a Pig-Rabbit Fleece Rag Quilt. Check it out.

The lettering was hard, but I wanted him to remember who sent it... hence who loves him the most. 

The fringe is my favorite part. It is so soft and warm.
Look, I turned the pigs into Pig-Rabbits!
(Also, appreciate how much my hair has grown!)

This was a lot of work, but totally worth it for Henry. He is the sweetest Korean I know & has taken great care of my sister, Becca, on her trip.

Hope this inspires you to make your own k-pop themed gifts as well. Leave a comment to let us know what you have created.

~Autumn

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.
    Designer Hoodies online

    ReplyDelete