Thursday, August 29, 2013

Wol

Wol is the female lead in the 2012 drama The Moon that Embraces the Sun. I don't want to give too much away, but something happens to her as a child which causes her to loose her memory and now she is being passed off a shaman in training.

A few months ago my friend challenged me to make a Lee Hwon doll and at the back of my mind I also wanted to make him a Wol doll. At the beginning of this week when I started to do it, I almost made her in a queen outfit, but decided against it because she is most known in her shaman outfit.

Wol was actually a lot easier to make than I expected her to be. Sure, there are a lot of parts to her outfit, but it wasn't anything too crazy, just a lot of small pieces. The thing that gave me the most problems was the back of her jacket. I made it wrong, but when I figured that out I had already glued everything to the front of it. After much hemming and hawing, I just cut out the back but left the front because redoing the whole thing was not happening. Her hair was also interesting to make because while I did braid Martina's hair, this braid is architectural, but in the end, I did it and while I wish that it was a little longer, I really like it.

I'm going to add some extra pictures below that didn't fit in the general picture. Appreciate them!

~ Alora

No comments:

Post a Comment