Wednesday, January 1, 2014

K-pop End of the Year Show 2013 Debuts

As always, there were a lot of groups that debuted in the second half of the year. Some were good and some were......not so good. You would think that in a industry where there are people debuting practically every day, a company would want to make sure that their group was really good and had legitimate potential to become big in the future. When a group comes out with a crappy video and generic song it makes me sad because with so many big groups, those little groups are going to be forgotten after the three minute music video. 

In that sea of debuts, these are the people that caught my eye. Some of them aren't exactly newbies though, and I hope that they can do well on their new ventures! 

Comebacks        Solos and Subunits       K-pop Half Time Show 2013

 

Debuts

Girls

Queens B'z "Bad"


Girls doing the dark concept, I approve. I also think that this is a good example of sexy done well. They aren't portraying themselves as a side of meat, they are being sexy and powerful and that is something that I think that should be used more. That is why I like BEG's brand of sexy because they are sexy, but I also feel like they would kill anyone that tried to take advantage of them, this is what I am getting from this group right now.

TINT "Love at First Sight" 


This is one of those songs that I really like and cannot for the life of me figure out why. I'm not really into girl groups or cutey concepts and this is both, yet I love it. It's like when Heyne came out with her debut song and I really liked that too. This song and video are just so catchy and happy and colorful that I can't help but love it and I just talked about Queen B'z and their concept is a 180* difference from this one. Don't make no sense.

Boys 

 

Kang Seung Yoon "Wild and Young" 


I was a little sad to hear that Kang Seung Yoon was going to be put unto a YG group because I wanted him to have a rocking solo career. He has a really nice rough voice and it was perfect for this type of song and YG is more of a hip hop label than a rock label.

Say Yes "It Feels Good" 


This song does kind of have a CNBlue and that doesn't really bother me because I think that this group does have a lot of potential. This song is also pretty catchy and after I listen to it the chorus is stuck in my head for a while. I'm standing, minding my own business and the next thing I know, I'm moving my hips and "doo doo dooing" and I am not ashamed! Something that I like about bands is that I don't know very many and it is hard to find something when you don't really know what you are looking for so this is like a gift. It's always nice when the group has a good sound as well so hopefully these guys can put out more music, and maybe get some haircuts, because there was a lot of hair in this video.

Royal Pirates "Shout Out" 


If you haven't managed to figure it out yet, I love a good rock or alternative band and this is doing just that for me. This was on of the songs that when I first heard it I didn't love it, but now I'm berating myself for thinking that because it's really good. For shame self.

ICON "Rockstar" 


I love everything about this song. I like alternative and rock music so this caters to that and I also have a soft spot for electric and techno music so this song also fills that quota. I also leaned that No Min Woo was also a member of TRAX back in the day, but I don't really know anything about them unfortunately. I have listened to a few of their songs and I have "Oh! My Goddess" but I feel like that is a song that almost everyone has on their iPod. This video is also one giant acid trip which I love because it totally fits the sound of the song. No Min Woo is also probably one of the most androgynous people that I have seen in a while and he looks like if he stood sideways he would disappear, someone get that boy a sandwich!  

~ Alora

No comments:

Post a Comment