Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Kiss&Cry Domino Game


How's the song? 

I was so ready to talk about Sunny Hill this week. I have recently been getting more and more into them so of course I was excited to hear them come back as a five member group. I really liked the song and the video was plain, but pretty and it fit with the vibe of the song. Then I went to this video which came out the same day as Sunny Hill and as soon as I heard it I immediately thought, where have you been all my life? I also watched Gain's teaser video and I'm a little uncomfortable now. I know that's the name of her song and all, but I was not expecting it in the video. I'm not sure what I was expecting, I think I'm just going to pretend that it never happened.Yeah, that sounds good.

My first impression of Kiss & Cry is that they are an older group, not that they are OLD or anything one member I found was born in '92, but they seem to be more of a woman group rather than a girl group. Maybe that is what I need in my life: more women and less girls. Does that mean I'm maturing?

This song has a really cool Spanish flair with all the brass and percussion. It starts off strong and it stays strong throughout the whole thing. I haven't mentioned this yet, but this is the debut track of this group but they aren't all rookies in the business. More about that here. I had no idea they were a rookie group and if they continue to put out amazing things like this, they could be a new favorite group in the making.

As a side note, what is with the word "leggo"? I feel that it was all over the place last year or was I just paying more attention to things last year and it has been around for longer than that?

How's the video? 

Sexy is the hot concept lately and I can't say that I like it, but if I was to be asked what I think that girl groups should be doing I wouldn't have had an answer. I have an answer now though! This is my answer! This video shows that these women are good singers and dancers, but they are also pretty. They are sexy, but in a way that makes them appear like powerful women rather than pieces of meat. Maybe that sounds a little harsh, but that is really how I feel about a lot of recent music videos and I hate that. 

How's the styling? 

Before I start talking about Kiss&Cry again, I just want to mention that I really liked Seung Ah's long grey sweater in the Sunny Hill video. Hi, my name is Alora, and I have an addiction to sweaters.

Anyways, there were a lot of nice outfits in this video. The first outfits being the group outfits, my favorite ones are the white, gold, and blue ones.


Maybe it's because this set of outfits are brighter than the other ones, but they really caught my eye. Also, with things like this I wonder how much the clothing reflects the singers own style. Is the one in the skirt the "girly" one or did she just happen to be put in the skirt?

As for the individual outfits I don't really have a favorite, but I think we should look at those stripper shoes that were going around.


Those things are monsters. I tried on a pair of crazy heels, but not quite that high at DSW once just for giggles, and I had to stay on my toes when I tried to walk. If I tried to put any pressure on my heels I felt like I was going to die. That's probably why she's laying on that counter top, she can't actually walk in those.  

Is the dance super amazing? 

The dance is pretty simple, but there are two moments that are pretty cool. The first one, and my favorite in in the beginning when the four member make a clock. I think SHINee and their helicopter have some competition; especially Onew since he was the propeller.


The second dance was more your usual dance break down, but it was still well done. They also have the fabulosity that comes with dancing with long hair.


Which member owned it? 

The person in this group that caught my eye was Dia.


Her voice was killer, not that everyone's wasn't though, and she is really cute. Something about her nose is weird though, I can't put my finger on it though. I only notice it when she is in the red dress though, maybe it is the lighting. It just looks really slim and straight. Is it weird that I noticed that?

Does the English make your ears bleed?  

After looking at the lyrics I realized that there was more English that I originally thought, but it was only an occasional word rather than a whole phrase. They also didn't really enunciate the "away" in "I will go away" so it sounds like "I will go way".   

~ Alora

No comments:

Post a Comment