Wednesday, January 8, 2014

TVXQ! Something


How's the song? 

Last year SM placed their stamp on January 1 and they have done it again this year. Granted, they didn't have someone like Rain to compete with last year, but this song is pretty good, so I think they'll be fine. Now go let Super Junior do something. I know that SuJu M put out a a fantastic album last year, but it's not the same!

Back on topic, this song is awesome. I don't really know anything about TVXQ other than "Mirotic" and I've just never really been able to get into them and I don't know why. Their music just doesn't speak to my soul. It's okay, but it's not for me.

The big band sound that this song has is so fun and it was a good way to start the new year. Everyone was partying and that is what this song brings out. The blaring brass and the heavy drum and the bass at the beginning, all of this is okay in my book.

Maybe this just proves that I am secretly a five year old, but I was waiting for Scat Cat and his band to come out and start playing with the rest of the band. 

How's the video? 

Did you notice anything missing? Like maybe a few oddly lit rooms?

Is this SM's New Year's Resolution to be more creative in their sets? Or is this just a special TVXQ thing since they are celebrating ten years? Speaking of which, I like the X in the middle of that room. 


There was one of SM's usual rooms for the dance break, but this entrance and the set that looked like the outside of a building were the big two. Keep doing this SM, it's far more interesting.

Then, maybe the video directors were about to crack from the stress of using real looking sets though and broke out the green screen. All those swirling floating instruments were a little weird.


 
How's the styling? 

What is this new fascination SM has with body art? When Henry made his solo debut, that boy was covered from neck to waist with all those crazy drawings and now Max and U-Know have them too. They always seem to be such random or over done images. Are they really necessary?

Something else that I take issue with is U-Know's sweater?. It looks like someone cut the bottom of it off before he went onto set.


The only reason that I can think for it to be like that is because it matches Max's shorts, but really, that's the piece of clothing that you are going to cut? You couldn't have rolled up his sleeves of anything?

He manage to redeem himself in the Leopard print outfit. I liked his better than Max's shiny Leopard jacket.


Is the dance super amazing? 

This video wasn't centered on a dance like most of their other songs. This doesn't sound like the normal song either though does it? Unless they want to start doing the swing, this isn't really what they usually dance too.

There were some cool moments though like at the beginning when they were playing their "bass"


Aside from the dance break in the middle and some random dancing throughout, the video is more about the singing than the dance.

Which member owned it? 

The screen time was pretty even and I should hope so seeing as there are only two of them. I did pay more attention to Max though because, let's be honest, he's kind of adorable.


Did the English make your ears bleed? 

After watching the video with subs, I have found that there is a lot more English that I originally thought. The English all makes sense though with the exception of "She's just a beautiful" at the beginning.

It's kind of like two steps forward, one step back. Once I knew they were saying English words, I knew what they were saying.

~ Alora

No comments:

Post a Comment