Thursday, July 17, 2014

B1A4 Solo Day MV Review


How's the song? 

Yay! B1A4 is back! Not only that, but they are back with a happier song than the one that they put out in January. Every once in a while B1A4 does a slower song, and while I don't think that they are bad, they are known for their weirdness, not their seriousness. 

"Solo Day" is my favorite type of break up song, it isn't sad. Just because you are alone, doesn't mean that you have to be sad! Being single is not the end of the world and you can make the choice to be happy and that is what is happening in this song. There needs to be more songs like this rather than mopey, whiny songs. I'm also glad that this song came out because I have been feeling a little poopy the last couple of days and having a happy, fun, B1A4 song to listen to is a surefire way to make me feel happier.


How's the video? 

I like B1A4's cracked out videos, but I think that this video is showing that they are maturing in the sense that they are still the quirky B1A4 without slapping you in the face like with "What's Happening". Another thing that was really enjoyable about this video is that they were outside! It wasn't fake outside either, it was real outside! It was also a foreign outside which has been a trend lately and I like it. I'm a little torn about idols filming in other countries though, because while it is cool because it is new, you know they have a million other things that they are doing on top of shooting a video. 

This video was really nice though, like really nice. I liked the vintage feel that was in the whole video from the computer game to the filming and the props. It is obvious that a lot of thought and work went into this and it payed off. I mean, come on, that was a pretty legit space ship. 


Easily, one of the funniest moments though was when they were in the diner. It started out on a weird note with the alien sighting. That was so random, and then they just went and began stuffing their faces like it never happened. When they were stuffing their faces, I liked that CNU stayed in character as the Obsession Guy and was being way judgmental about they way that Baro was stuffing his face. 

  
Sandeul also make me laugh because I think everyone assumes that he tries to eat everyone's food all the time anyways, so he got to let out his inner food snatcher during this scene. He really wanted those pancakes. 


Another great moment by CNU, because he's my favorite member so you are going to have to deal with CNU spam, was when they saw the spaceship at the end. 


The water bottle was a nice touch. Also, Jinyoung's hair should never be this color again. It's practically the same color as his skin. 

How's the styling? 

Just as much thought went into the styling as went into the video. B1A4's company gets a lot of brownie points in this video. All the outfit choices were pretty normal looking. They mostly looked like everyday clothes and not music video clothes. Don't get me wrong, music video clothes are fun sometimes, either because they look cool or they are good for a laugh, but it is also nice to see something that a "normal" person would wear. 

The one thing that I do have an issue with though is Sandeul's outfit. 


That bag is just really awkward looking. There isn't anything cool about it and it needs to go. I also noticed that when Sandeul is delivering the pizzas, when you see him from the back he is wearing the bag, but when we see him from the front, he doesn't have the bag. Continuity! 

Is the dance super amazing? 

Since the whole video was story line, there wasn't a dance featured and I don't think that they have performed it yet, so there is no dance to talk about. 

Which member owned it? 

This video was very Jinyoung heavy. I know that he was the main character, but I also felt that "Lonely" featured Jinyoung a lot too. I know that he is writing all the songs, and I have crazy respect for that, but I don't want B1A4 to turn into Jinyoung and the Boys. 

As a side note, the two members with the best individual shots go to CNU and Sandeul.  



Did the English make you ears bleed? 

It would not be a B1A4 song without a questionable English line and I love them for that. The line in this video is "It's getting round, it's getting new round" which I assume means that new things are happening because they are single. Yeah, I'm going to go with that. 

Even though B1A4 is full of nonsensical English it somehow works for them because their songs are so catchy, you don't even realize that you are speaking B1A4-ese when you try to sing along. It's just part of their charm.  

~ Alora 

No comments:

Post a Comment