Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Block B - Bastarz Mini Album - Conduct Zero Album Review

This post has been sitting unfinished since the album came out and because I only have one usable hand at the moment (inflamed tendons are annoying) typing is hard. Here it finally is though! Only (hopefully) two more weeks of this one handed nonsense. 

I think that a Block B subunit is something that I never knew that I wanted but I'm glad that I now have this.


The first song is the title song (written, composed, and arranged by Zico) Conduct Zero. This song has a heavy beat all throughout which makes me want to break out into dancing but I can't because I'm in an office surrounded by people. This song is three full minutes of awesome and I will be jammin' to it for the foreseeable future.  


Charlie Chaplin is the next song and it slows us way down. The song still has a strong beat with similar snaps and whines, but it also has a nice guitar and maybe a snare drum in the background. P.O does have a rap here, but the majority of this song is crooning which is lovely. I don't know what Charlie Chaplin has to do with the song, but if they are looking to Chaplin for love advise that is not a good idea.

We go from a super hyped beginning to a jazzy croon to disco with out next song Thief. For as big as the first song was, the rest of the album has been a lot groovier, but then Zico wrote the first and P.O, U-Kwon, and B-Bomb wrote or helped write everything else. Thief has a great bouncing chorus and it is probably my favorite song on the album.

Nobody But You is next, which from this point on will be known as "Sexy Time With U-Kwon and B-Bomb" because dang. I think that if they were to ever perform this song live every girl in the area would spontaneously become pregnant.  


Sue Me is not a song for me at all. I'm not a rap person and I don't like profane songs so I don't really have an opinion on this one. 

With the exception of the last song, I really enjoyed this mini album. We got to hear a different side to these guys which is always a fun thing. I also liked how they all contributed to the creation of this album. I am interested to see what the future holds for Bastarz and if there will be any more Block B solos and/or sub units because I could always use more Block B things in my life.

~ Alora

No comments:

Post a Comment